Internet Safety Support
- Keeping children safe online - Keep your kids safe on the internet with these easy-to-follow tips for computers, phones and tablets
Lancashire Safeguarding Children Board - This website has some easy to read advice for parents and a wide range of safe links to online safety websites.
A Parents' Guide to Facebook - Want to know how old your child should be before letting them use Facebook or want to know how to set parental controls or security settings? This guide will help you find the answers!
Parent info - This website has a whole host of guidance on everything from setting privacy settings, to using Instagram and Snapchat, to how to tackle cyber bullying. It is custom designed for use by parents and schools and also has many other useful links to trusted partner organisations.
- A Parents' Guide to Share Aware - A short, easy to read summary of some of the issues in keeping your child safe online.
- CEOP - A brilliant website with both age-appropriate educational games and information that children can access and guidance and information for parents and carers.
- Webwise - Ask about Apps - Research and get advice or information about the suitability of games and apps for your children.
- Common Sense Media - This website contains a wealth of information on things from social media age restrictions to guidance on how much screen-time your child should be allowed.
What parents might need to know about:
Please note, we are not advocating the use of these games or apps as many have an age limit which is above primary-school age. However, if you do choose for your child to access them, then it is important for you to have as much information as possible about potential dangers.