Leave request in term time
To ensure that requests for absence within term time are effectively managed, we have made some small changes so that parents do not need to come into school to collect a specific form to complete.
The form is now available online (via the link below)
Online request for leave within term time form
Before requesting leave in term time you need to think about:
- The lessons your child will miss
- The difficulty your child will have in catching up
- The effect it will have on your child’s friendship groups
- The effect it will have on how well your child performs in school
For your information:
- Amendments have been made to the Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 which took effect from 1 September 2013. From this date schools will not be permitted to grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- All term time holiday/leave requests must be submitted to the Headteacher with the exceptional circumstances fully explained. In order to make the decision whether to authorise leave or not, parents/carers may be asked to provide evidence supporting their circumstances.
- We class `exceptional circumstances’ as an event which cannot reasonably have been predicted or foreseen. While family holidays are enriching experiences, the school year is designed to give families the opportunity for these breaks without having to disrupt the children’s education.
- Parents/carers need to be aware that Penalty Notices can be issued per parent, per child for unauthorised absence from school, for unauthorised leave taken in term time and/or for pupils stopped during a Truancy Patrol (£60 if paid within 21 days; £120 if paid within 28 days as at 1st September 2013) in line with the Education (Penalty Notice Regulations) England 2013.
- Trafford LA have advised schools that any unauthorised absence above 4 days (for holiday) will be issued with a Penalty Notice.
What happens after I complete the online form?
On receipt of your request for absence within term time, I as Head will review the information contained in the form, I will also consider the Trafford guidance and will share the outcome of my decision with one of the following three statements:
- Leave not authorised - Penalty notice not to be issued on this occasion
- Leave not authorised - Consideration will be given to issuing Penalty notice if leave taken
Many thanks for your support and cooperation